Category Management Foundation Classroom
Total number of courses
Denali Academy’s 2-day course Category Management Foundation course is designed for:
- New or aspiring category managers;
Category managers or procurement professionals who want to improve their strategic skillsets;
- Category managers who are part of an organizational shift from a more tactical approach a more strategic one;
- Procurement professionals seeking to earn continuing education hours for their ISM or APS certification.
- Learn to better understand stakeholder requirements, separate “wants” from “needs” and build learnings into sustainable strategies
- Build a strong project pipeline as a result of the category strategy
Tie strategies and category plans to sourcing projects and learn to improve implementation
- Employ key elements of change management to get stakeholders on board with implementing category management
- Learn to communicate more effectively with stakeholders based on personality types so that they understand your message and see the value in your proposals
- Use templates for all steps of the category management process, including market analysis, category plan, requirements assessment, and stakeholder mapping (templates available to take home).
- Understand category management framework and processes that are applicable across industries and categories
- Know how to apply key methodologies such as requirements analysis, Porter’s Five Forces, and strategy development
- Develop a category management mindset that recognizes what it means to be strategic in day-to-day activities
Understand critical soft skills and how to leverage them for success.
|Category Management Foundation Classroom||Classroom|
|Category Management Foundation Online Courses||E-Learning|